You are currently viewing Let’s talk about the CP3219A Notice of Deficiency

Let’s talk about the CP3219A Notice of Deficiency

  • Post author:
  • Post category:IRS

Dealing with a CP3219A Notice or Notice of Deficiency

The notices that the IRS sends out come with unique numbers that represent different things. An IRS notice or letter is simply a kind of message the IRS sends to let you know that they have received your tax return but need you to take certain action to enable them to do their work on your tax return.

Understanding each IRS notice will help you respond appropriately when they come. If you have received the CP3219A Notice ( or Notice of Deficiency), and are wondering what it is and how to respond, you’re in the right place. We’re about to explain and simplify the CP3219A Notice for you.

If you have a hard time keeping up with all the IRS notices you receive, you can simply hire a tax professional firm like ours to help you look into all your tax matters and help you respond to them.

The CP3219A Notice simply means that the information the IRS received contradicts what you reported on your tax return, and this difference can have affected your tax causing either a decrease or an increase in the amount of your tax liability due.

The CP3219A Notice comes with sufficient information to give you insight into how calculations were made and what contrary information was received. It also shows you what to do if you disagree with this notice and the next step to take if you agree.


What to do about your Notice of Deficiency

When you receive a CP3219A Notice, approach it carefully and gently read through the information on the notice. You will find a detailed explanation of the proposed changes in your tax with respect to the information received.

As with all other notices, you have the opportunity to respond to this notice either by mail or by fax using the return envelope. You can find the address and fax number on the notice sent to you.

What if you don’t agree?

If you don’t agree with the CP3219A Notice, you are at liberty to challenge the changes that are about to be made to your tax return and tax liability. You can do this by filing a petition with the U.S. You do not have to be scared thinking about how much work that is. We are here to help you and all you have to do is give us a phone call at 877-700-5790.

However, you must know that you have to file the petition with the US Tax court within the date shown on the notice, not later.

If you file your petition late, that is if you miss the set deadline, the court will not consider you, and you no longer have the right to challenge the proposed changes. The IRS will then examine the penalties and interests for your tax and provide you a bill for the balance due.

You can also send additional information to support your stand to the IRS. Do this by sending relevant documents alongside the enclosed Form 5564 to the address or fax number on your notice.

The IRS would review this information before the time you have to file a petition with the U.S. Tax Court.


About Souri, Gazda, & C0

We are a tax relief firm dedicated to giving you the best results regarding resolving your tax debts. Our team of qualified professionals is available round the clock to provide you with the assistance you need to overcome your tax debts and be well on your way to financial freedom. Contact us now at 888-585-8629 or 617-430-4674 or send us an email at

For more information, email

Internet subscribers, users, and online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant. Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this website is not intended to be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties, of any kind, under U.S. federal tax laws.